We offer a mentoring program as an alternative to the studio painting lessons, for those artists that wish to have more time and flexibility to work in the studio, but without the structure of a formal lesson plan.
The studio is available to artists Monday to Friday from 10am until 4pm and Wednesday and Thursday evenings between 6 and 9pm for a maximum of three hours per session. The fee for this program is $200 per month.
We provide working space, easels, work tables, our experience, objective eye, opinion and an honest answer (maybe too honest!) to any questions that you may have . . . i.e . . . this is working under guidance rather than instruction.
The available spaces will be limited to ten, and acceptance will be based on a brief interview to establish your creative direction and requirements, medium and format of your work etc. This is a mutual consideration . . . we might not be right for you either.
The studio is our sanctuary and has a very happy casual atmosphere, however to maintain that comfort level for everyone, we must ask you to agree to a few simple house rules . . .
- No smelly stuff i.e, solvents, sprays, mediums etc
- Please respect Dene's privacy (Dene has separate work areas at either end of the studio)
- Please ask permission before taking any photos within the studio
- Please clean up after yourself and unless otherwise arranged with Dene, please take your work and materials with you.
- Please have your phones set to vibrate and take your calls outside
- While you are welcome to use the studio daily should you wish, please limit your time to a maximum of three hours per day - this is a particularly important consideration to us as the studio can get very busy during certain times of the day.
We want this to be an awesome experience for you and as this is a new program, we also want to ensure that with mutual consideration, it remain a happy and productive time for all involved.
FYI . . . we have full washroom facilities, limited kitchen facilities, a plethora of lunch spots and cafes within a two minute walk, and the Seabus and some pretty expansive city views just a few blocks away.